Corporate gifts are promotional gifts or promotional products given to employees, clients, and customers thanking them for their business and long-lasting relationship. They are also given away as a token of appreciation to the employees for some exemplary work and sometimes to promote the company`s image and brand.
In the earlier days, gifts were given in the form of cash and incentives. But nowadays this trend has been replaced by the Westernised corporate gifting culture of customized gifts. A cash gift might disappear from your pocket and get forgotten once spent. But a customized gift remains a memory and can be cherished for years together. There are licensed dealers who deal with such corporate gifts and they can make anything you dream of to awe your clients and light up your employee’s faces.
It is not the employees and clients alone who are given gifts; corporates also make their shareholders, suppliers and dealers happy with gifts. This is to express their gratitude for their continuous support provided to the company. Sometimes they are also given as a part of the organisational culture and corporate governance.
Few precautions before Gifting:
- Gifts should be selected with utmost care.
- Any gift with less or no value might embarrass the client or employee.
- Gifts with wrong impressions might let down the company`s brand, value and image in the eyes of the recipient.
- All gifts given away should be financially disclosed.
- It is better to avoid high end gifts like cars or villas.
There are many gift options available but gifting your clients or employees with items that would interest them would be the best choice.
Some easy tips and suggestions to make your gifting pattern fabulous:
- Gift your employees and customers creatively with handcrafted items, home-made clothing or food items. This will be a great surprise to them.
- Know their birthdays and birthstones and plan your gifts accordingly.
- Gifts can be theme based. Know your clients interests and hobbies and design the gift options based on that.
- Some gift cards come with a value. The money that comes from a purchase through a gift card will go for a good cause like supporting an orphanage or for educational purposes.
- Gifts can also replicate the personality of a person. This will show how important they are to the sender.
- Gifts can also be in the form of necessities. For eg: it is perfect to gift a newly married couple with household.
- Care to be taken while selecting gifts that are for your employees and clients.
- Gifting should be done on the right occasion with appropriate timing.
- The gifts given to employees should make them realise their importance in the company.
What can be gifted?
There is an ocean of choices available for corporate gifting. Few of them are:
- Food items
- Electronic items
- Office stationery
- Gift cards in the form of e-cards
- Event or movie tickets
- Tours and trips
Don’t be afraid, check out Ministry of Print Official Website now to get the best advice in town!